Not sure if you saw the IHSA update yesterday regarding sports in Illinois for the remainder of the year.
There is good news and bad news....The good news is that we will be playing baseball this spring. The season will start for teams on April 5th. They will need to practice 7 days prior to playing a contest. First games can be scheduled for the week of 4/12. Obviously that is a different date than the May 3rd date the IHSA supplied us back in November. I have already talked with the Coach Smith and he said he is going to get us a new CL conference schedule as soon as possible.
Now the bad news...I will need to adjust and reschedule dates per the new schedules. I am also going to ask the coaches if they could get non-conference dates to me by the end of February. So here is what this means for you:
1) Update your Arbiter calendar for the weeks of April 12th, April 19th and April 26th. This is important.
2) I will try my best to move the dates you currently have scheduled when I get the new dates. I do understand that some of these dates possibly now will interfere with college assignments. If that occurs, I will need to reassign that game for the new date and find someone to replace you.
3) For the dates already assigned to you in May and June, I will try and schedule you for the same date if the new schedule allows me. Obviously, it may be different teams and other sites. I get the impression that they will be moving up the conference schedule with an earlier start date than Thursday May 6th. They will also spread out games rather than playing the 4 days a week. Just my thought...
4) I will be doing these changes in a chronological order with the earliest date scheduled. You will need to be checking your emails and Arbiter and accept the changes.
5) All high school assignors are in the same situation. It is imperative that you honor your commitments to the CCUA unless you have a college date. Please do not take other dates from high school assignors until our revisions can be made. Keep in mind that I am at the mercy of both the individuals who are creating the Master Conference Schedule so changes will not start until I receive them.
Just so you are aware...I received emails from college assignors ...one is assigning games weekly with a 5-7 day lag and another is doing basically what I will need to do with the new revised schedule he just received. The key is we need to flexible and understanding. I do not have any more answers than listed above as I am trying to be as transparent as possible with you.
Have a great rest of the week.....Remember our next remote meeting is scheduled for Sunday 2/21 at 7pm....